Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springtime On The Cape - Is Winter Over?

66 Degrees! Skunk cabbage is coming up along the swamp edges and the tips of daffodil stalks are coming up everyhwere. Sophie found a little crocus blooming by one of the downspouts, and I dug a mess of clams without freezing my fingers off. Oyster season ended 5 days ago and the time changed (spring forward) last night. I turned the outside water on and the kids rode bikes around and around the neighborhood (both collecting muddy dirt stripes on their backs.) The morning chatter of the birds is getting louder and there's only a few last remnants of snow in the yard. Dare I commit to Spring?? I think so, but I am prepared for a few more wintery blasts before... oh, say "Tax Day."

2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

We gave our regards to "Ned" for you, fun time ... and it snowed, of course!! Hang in, Spring's a comin'

Of course, you do remember the "Baby Blizard of '83" right?

Bruce Christopher said...

Yeah... Jeff Koulterjon (sp) knocked me off my bike with an Ice ball.... or was that Brian Mello... or was that Chris Warynen (sp)... ah those were the days...