Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Home... and So Are the Herring

I'm finally back home, back online, and back together after being away for 10 days. Well, we were really only away for seven days, but I didn't touch my computer for 10. Anyway, as always, it seems it takes me about another week after getting home from vacation to get back on track again, and I've been really tired these last few days - passing out mid-story during bet-putting time for the kids. It's now 9:30, the Sox are on (but losing) and I figure I have a couple hours in me before I pass out. I've downloaded several HUNDRED photos from my camera over the past couple days that I need to go through, cull and post up on flickr. They go all the way back to April 1...ugh...




Not only did we return, but also, our "Stony Brook" herring have returned in force. There were mobs of them in the stream this weekend, and I stopped on the way to work on Tuesday to get these photos.

(and ps... the Red Sox just tied the game!)


2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Are you selling shoes now? and Cigarettes?

.. love the pix. Summer's coming here, too. But slowly, you know Colorado ... Sox won, btw, a kid the Injuns kept in their minor league sustem for 7 years stepped in for the Sox and hit a homer in the 10th to win it. If that's the only homer he hits in his life, it's worth it.

Bruce Christopher said...

Johnathan Van Emery (sp) Yeah.. I did watch it to the end. What a game! He was spectacular in the field too.