Saturday, July 25, 2009

And the Results...

So we did get up early and it turned out to be quite fruitful! We had a long walk because of the low tide, but once out there, we got into some hungry fish. Mostly, they were pounding crabs on the bottom, but some were outgoing enough to bite our offerings. Max used a white Slug-go and landed a nice 27 incher... one inch shy of a keeper. My biggest was 26" - taken with my fly rod on an olive green sand eel pattern.

It was tough leaving all those fish to go into work, but I had commitments. We fished on the way back, in what turned out to be a VERY fishy tidal river. The fish were all coming in with the tide and they were everywhere. Maybe I'll try tomorrow too... who needs sleep?!

3 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Nice one! Sheesh, what's it take to get a keeper?

BTW, thanks for the Fourth of July pix ... man, I guess we'll never again see railroad ties piled up, all that black tar pouring into the sky! What the hell were they thinking? :-) I miss the 70s!

Bruce Christopher said...

Not to mention the amount of alcohol that was evaporating from our pours... certainly couldn't have been good for the ozone. (I guess that wasn't until the late 80's though...)

Chase Squires said...

Heh heh, when we tried to storm the Miss Rockport! Pirates!!!!