Monday, August 3, 2009

Canon Digital Rebel Error 99

I have a Canon Digital Rebel which is attached to my hip... or cheek or at least within reach at all times. Recently, I've been getting this pesky Error 99 code or Err99. This error occurs right when I depress the shutter button and I lose the photo that I had just composed. I found that shutting the camera off, then back on again cleared the error, and if I was lucky, and the shot still remained, I could have another chance. On many occasion, I lost the shot.

At first, it only would occur occasionally, but recently, the Err99 had been getting more and more frequent. It got to the point, this past Sunday, that even after clearing 6 or 7 times, I could still not get the camera fire.

I had almost given in to the fact that I would have to send it back to Canon, and lose at a minimum 2 weeks, but more likely 2 months, of prime shooting time here on Cape Cod. Luckily, (and hopefully) this little fix I found online has done the trick. So far so good... I'm crossing my fingers.

There seem to be many probable solutions, but the one that I used was the first one recommended. Take a look at Richard's Blog for all the info.

Thanks Richard!
Click here for Canon Err99 Error Code Solutions