Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wow... Guggenheim Grotto Acoustic... Just Wow.

I went to see the Guggenheim Grotto in Cambridge last night. What a show. It was well worth the long drive up to Boston as well as dealing with the bridge-repair traffic.

They played to a packed house, but it was a very small, very intimate venue. I was at a table, second out from the stage and it was really a treat. Two hightlights for now before I get back to work... 1) In the song, "Cold Truth," Kevin plays the lead guitar. I never realized this until I watched Mick pass the Guitar to Kevin, that Kevin plays left handed and holds the guitar upside-down. And 2), for their encore, they did a three-song set that included at the very end, a completely un-mic-ed "What is this Feeling." It sounded something like this one from another show... [watch video]

(The photo is a still from a youtube vid at the same venue back in June)

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Can't wait! Nov. 5 at the Gothic, I'll be there!