Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cake 13 - Mixed Media - Butter Cream on Chocolate

(click on images for a larger view)
Max turned 8 a few days ago, but we celebrated his birthday today. Every year I make a cake for the kids on their birthday (Max 8 and Sophie 5). This was Cake no. 13. Sadly, it's the only art I do these days. Fortunately, it's fun! This year Max had no idea what theme he wanted. A dinosaur would have been a good way to go, but apparently I've done two for him in the past. I remember one. I can barely remember my street address let alone what cakes I've made over the past 8 years, so I didnt' argue.

So what to do? He loves baseball, and with the season coming to and end and an all but guaranteed slot in the playoffs, I went with Fenway Park. He (we) had gotten a pair of tickets from Amy's Dad as an early birthday present this year. We watched them beat Texas back in August for Max's first-watched-win at Fenway (poor kid, he's 1 for 4).
These are the pics of the cake. I have pics of the Mini Golf party up on Flickr. So those of you who care to view them, send me your account name so I can add you to my viewers list.
(click on images for a larger view)

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Now that's a cake! Hey, how'd that Yankees fan get in there, down in sectin 124? Dangit!

And c'mon, that's not ALL the art you've done in a while, Booze Monkey is alive and well, and it's a damn fine piece, I still get compliments on at it at races!

(Bruce will design a tattoo for you, too, just ask him! Maybe Max will get one for his birthday next year!)