Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cooking Marshmallows on the Deck


We got our deck pit going again the other day, then again last night. The firepit was a gift from Kristen and Peter. We've got a lot of dead pinewood around and it makes for a nice campground-smelling fire. The kids love it, making s'mores and just watching the fire. And, even though it's been unbearably humid during the day, it's been cool at night. If the bugs weren't so bad, I could fall asleep out there. Oh... and I found my first summer tree frog on Sunday. It was only about a half an inch long. I almost mowed it up in the lawnmower, but he hopped away just in time. He even got away from the kids... lucky frog.

See more photos at
my flickr site.

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Bugs? oh .. yeah ... I remember, bugs. Bummer .. not much of that out here.