Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Storm Cancells 2009!

One more day of 2008: We are in the midst of a classic coastal blizzard. Its now 20 degrees out, blowing 30mph and snowing like a bastid'. Its supposed to go down to the single digits overnight and the wind is supposed to pick up to 50 to 60 mph. Cool storm, BUT, I just heard on the radio that the town of Chatham has cancelled it's New Year's Eve celebration. Us too. For our small group of friends, those of us who were going to gather at Keith and Evangelina's, we put 2009 on hold. We'll all wait a day to ring it in. Single Digits! That reminds me... I better bring in the beer and the Cristalino. I stuck it in a snowbank when I got home from work (the drive took me almost two hours). At that point it still we were still planning on going out.

Will Cuts a Tooth: It's been a big couple days for Will. He got home from his 4-month doctor's appointment with the blessing to go ahead and eat real food. Yesterday, he ate his first rice cereal, sitting in his highchair and a day later, that's today, on New Year's Eve, he cut his first tooth! He also is trying to learn to put himself to bed. It's a horror show. He's not happy now and I'm going to go help him out...

2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Bless you for carrying on the next generation. Not for me ... ick. Babies.

Have fun in the blizahd ... rock on.

2009 can't possibly suck as much as 2009, right?

Bruce Christopher said...

I have hope. I'm glad we have Obama at the helm.