Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to School and Tropical Weather

So tomorrow is back-to-school for the kids. It's always amazing how fast the summer goes, but we sure did a lot. The great thing about Cape Cod after Labor Day though is that the summer actually continues. And we locals can keep it to ourselves with more elbow room on the beach, less boats on the flats, and less cars on all my secret routes to work. The exotic fish are in (like Bonito and Albies), waves are up with the occasional passing tropical storm, and best of all.... Amy's home on Saturdays. It's back to a slower, more controlled pace, but still just as nice out... Ohhh but look what's looming. Its our first chance of a good tropical storm or even maybe a hurricane. I've always loved a good storm, just as long as it's not too severe. I don't think I'd like to deal with a major hurricane right now, especially since we just got our house finished... or close to finished, well, pretty much stalled, but mostly done... I'll probably never be done with it...

3 comments:

Chase Squires said...

soon it will be cold and rainy.

sorry.

it's true.

:-)

Bruce Christopher said...

You're too quick.. I've just covered the "rain" deal... but really, it's not as bad as RKPT used to be. We've got the gulf stream to warm things up. You can plant grass in december here...

Chase Squires said...

Well, that's nice to hear, Rkpt. weather is just awful, I vow I'll never return to it ...

As for a 'cane, careful what you wish for, I had the pleasure of a front row seat for Charley a couple years ago, Cat. 4 ... nasty stuff.