Saturday, August 23, 2008

Off to Rockport

(click photos for a larger view)
So we are off to Rockport for the weekend. It's a beautiful day and my much-neglected weekend chores are done. The big one was mowing the crabgrass, which I was using rockport as an excuse to avoid for just ONE MORE WEEKEND... But Amy said I had to do it. She was right as she always is and now the yard's green weeds are all the same height. Amy has to work this weekend, so it's just the kids and me who are going up. I'm hoping to get them over to Hammond Castle. I've always wanted to take them there... don't even know if it's still open... Chase, we'll look for your mom.


Maybe we'll get over to long beach. No surfing... but maybe some stream leaping, or a trip back to the whirlpool. We found a place for the kids to leap on Cape Cod. This stream runs into one of our Bay beaches. The kids had a blast.

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Summer's last gasp, eh? Winter's coming!

How was Hammond Castle? You can tell the kids, my mom has swam in that indoor pool!