Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Typical Morning

Today started before the sun, with all 3 of my kids up and ready to go. Will got the day going with his good morning songs at 4:30. An hour later, I passed him to Amy, still singing and headed downstairs since I was now well awake. I got the coffee going and tried again in vain to find the motorola driver on the Verizon web site that will allow me to download stuff off my phone to my pc.

At 6:00 Max came down to watch his favorite morning cartoon, "Bakugon Battle Brawlers." I've watched it a couple times and still don't know exactly what it's all about. I'm sure it's mostly a marketing tool for it's action figures and vice versa. At about 6:15 Sophie came down and I startled her as I came out of my office, heading to the kitchen for more coffee. We both came around the corner at the same time and she leaped and shreaked, then jumped into my arms. We both laughed as I squeezed her. Her poor little heart was beating a thousand miles per hour.

I had promised her she could draw on the computer so at this point, my search for a driver ended. Just as well. All dead ends. I got Sophie going with Microsoft's "Paint." Its a terribly clunky bitmap drawing program, but she has fun with it. I helped her get going with a pumpkin scene she wanted to do, and ended up sitting with her for the next 45 minutes or so, making pumpkins on a fence... (she stole the idea from her brother who did the same drawing yesterday).

At 7:00 "Arthur" comes on public television... a GREAT kid's cartoon, and even if the kids don't pick it up, it does have a message/moral on each show. Plus it's funny for adults too! After that we all convened in the kitchen (Will still singing) and had breakfast on the fly. Ten minutes later we were off to catch the school bus. Once I got back from the bus drop, I flung the fixin's for a sandwich together, bounced Will in my arms while Amy grabbed a quick shower, and then I raced off to work to barely get there by 9:00....whoa...

Every morning goes something like this as four and a half hours FLY by in a blink of an eye.

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Oh, just kill me. I have no idea how you do that ... I fall out of bed at 7:15, read email and blogs until 7:30, take a shower, drink coffee and leave the house at 8.

I believe if anyone played "good morning songs" at my house at 4:30 a.m., I'd kick their ass.